BENEFITS OF PHYSICAL EXERCISE: Physical activity is any bodily movement produced by the skeletal muscles that requires energy expenditure. This can be all movements carried out as part of a person’s work, during leisure and in transportation from place to place.
Physical inactivity is one of the leading risk factors for non-communicable diseases and death worldwide. People who have a sedentary lifestyle have an increased risk of cancer, heart diseases, diabetes and stroke compared to people who are physically active. According to the World Health Organization, an estimate of about 5 million deaths a year could be averted if the global population was more active.
Types of Physical Activities
Generally, any body movement that require the use of energy is a form a physical activity. Here are some types of physical activities;
- Jogging and running
- Sports activities such as football, tennis, badminton, and volley ball etc.
- Bicycle riding
- Gardening activities such as raking, digging and shoveling
- Active recreational games
- Aerobic exercise classes
Physical activity is very important both for our physical and mental health and a great way to have fun. Here are some benefits of physical activities;
- Physical activity helps to manage and prevent some health conditions and diseases such as arthritis, cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Physical activity stimulates the release of brain chemicals and hormones that improves your mood and induces relaxation this helps to reduce the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Physical activity burns calories in the body, this helps in weight loss and management.
- Physical activity improves your cognitive function, boosts your memory, thinking, learning and judgment skills.
- Physical activity promotes the quality of your sleep.
- Physical activity improves cardiorespiratory fitness and muscular strength.
- Physical activity creates an opportunity for relaxation and also to socialize and have fun with friends and family.
So now do you think you are engaging in enough physical activity or you totally sedentary? If you need help or guidance in boosting your physical activity level, you can call or visit Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic, Abuja. The skilled physiotherapists there would create structured and individualized exercise programes to improve overall fitness and well-being of your mind and body.
Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic will be of help in recommending various exercises to alleviate or treat pains.
Call or visit the clinic at No 2, D (Ajumgobia) Close, Adjacent to Con Oil Filling Station, Kado Estate, Abuja FCT.
Phone No: +234 811 885 6060 || +234 909 860 4470