SOLUTION TO PLANTAR HEEL PAIN
Plantar Heel Pain, Just as the name suggests, is pain below the foot and it is a common cause of foot and ankle problem in adults. It can interfere with your activities of daily living, work and exercise thereby, leading to a sedentary lifestyle and depression. It majorly occurs from injury or overuse.
Causes of Plantar Heel Pain
These are some of the conditions that cause plantar heel pain:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel spur
- Achilles tendonitis
- Reactive arthritis
- Sever’s disease
Symptoms of Plantar Heel Pain
- Pain around the ankle and heel
- Bony growth on the heel
- Pain after standing from a resting position.
Risk Factors for Plantar Heel Pain
Here are some factors that could predispose you to having plantar heel pain:
- Prolong standing.
- Excessive running or suddenly increasing distance of running.
- Wearing poorly fitted shoes
- Limited movement of the ankle joint.
- High arch or Low arch.
How to Prevent the Condition
How you can prevent yourself from developing plantar heel pain?
- Wearing properly fitted footwear that supports the arch of the foot.
- Wearing appropriate foot wears when carrying out physical activity and standing on hard surfaces.
- Properly warming up before engaging in physical activity that puts pressure on the heel.
- Maintaining a healthy weight to reduce the stress on the heel.
- Maintaining a healthy diet
Solution To Plantar Heel Pain
Some remedies for plantar heel pain includes:
1. Rest: Avoid prolong standing, running or jumping and ensure to take breaks when carrying out these activities. Also, if you feel any soreness on the muscles take a break.
2. Ice packs: Wrapping an ice around the painful area for about 20 minutes helps to relieve pain and inflammation.
3. Foot wears: Wearing properly fitted foot wears that supports the arch of the foot is important especially when carrying out physical activity.
4. Orthotics: The use orthotics such as; heel wedges, insoles and heel pads helps to relieve heel pain by reducing the pressure on the heel.
5. Ankle dorsiflexion and plantarflexion: This is the lifting off of the ball of the foot and the heel of the foot off the ground respectively. This helps to stretch and improve flexibility of the muscles and relieve pain.
If symptoms persists after following these tips visit us at Effective Physiotherapy Clinic and get effective solution to Plantar heel Pain.
Phone No: +234 811 885 6060 || +234 909 860 4470