HELP FOR PELVIC PAIN : This is a hurting irritation felt in the pelvis. This could occur in men or women. The pelvis is the bowl-shaped organ of the body just below the abdominal area. It supports the abdomen as well as aids the lower back bone.
This could be mild or severe and the symptoms are usually felt more when you use the bathroom in form of a sudden sharp pain.
Causes of Pelvic pain
These are some of the things that could cause pain in the pelvic area:
- Pregnancy related conditions, such as ectopic pregnancy.
- Menstrual cramps
- Ovarian cancer or cysts
- A disease called Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Indigestion or constipation
- Kidney stones
- A fault with the bladder
- Sexual abuse
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Prostrate infections
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
Symptoms of pelvic pain
These symptoms are common for anyone who has pain in the pelvis:
- Bleeding at the vagina
- Pain during menstruation
- Difficulty and pain during urination
- Sexual pain
- Cold of fever
- Bloating or gas.
- Blood discharge when you poop
What to do When You Have These symptoms
Having a combination or just any one of these symptoms requires that you see a doctor for prompt medical attention as it can cause a disruption to your daily life.
Treatment of Pelvic Pains
- The use of over-the-counter Pain Relievers can help reduce pelvic pains. Prescription may however be necessary. Nevertheless, it has been discovered that pain medication on its own does not really solve the problem of chronic pain to the pelvis.
- Your doctor can also prescribe Antibiotics if infection is present.
- An effective therapy for pelvic pain is Physical Therapy. This is useful especially for chronic pains. Stretches, exercises, massage and other techniques through which tight muscles can be relaxed and pain alleviated.
We can help with this condition at Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic. Book an appointment when you observe the symptoms. Call +234 811 885 6060 or +234 909 860 4470
Visit us at No 2 D, Ajumgobia Close, opposite con oil, Kado Estate, Abuja, FCT.