STROKE TREATMENT CLINIC IN ABUJA
What is Stroke?
Certainly, when the blood that flows to parts of the brain is interrupted or reduced, it deprives brain tissues of oxygen and nutrients, definitely, a condition of stroke occurs, consequently, brain cells begin to die.
Causes and Types
Stroke may be caused as a result of:
- Firstly, the leaking or bursting of a blood vessel (hemorrhagic stroke).
- Secondly as a result of blocked artery (ischemic stroke)
- Thirdly a temporary disruption of blood flow to the brain (transient ischemic attack, or TIA) though may not cause a permanent damage.
Symptoms of Stroke Consequently Include:
- Often, there is trouble with speaking and understanding.
- Moreover, the person experiences paralysis or numbness of the face, arm or leg usually on one side of your body.
- Consequently, one side of the person’s mouth droops.
- In addition, there will be difficulty in seeing with one or both eyes
- Most times, the person experiences frequent headaches which may be accompanied with vomiting and dizziness
- Last but not the least, there will be difficulty with with walking which results in loss of balance or coordination.
Risk Factors :
- Being overweight or obese
- Personal or family history of heart attack
- Physical inactivity
- Heavy or binge drinking
- Cigarette Smoking
- Use of illicit drugs.
But on the other hand, prompt treatment is crucial to minimize brain damage, potential complications and worsening condition.
Effective Physiotherapeutic Intervention for Stroke at STROKE TREATMENT CLINIC
Consulting an experienced Physiotherapist at our clinic early (usually within 24 hours of symptoms) at Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic enhance quick rehabilitation with special focus on getting the patient out of bed, standing and walking.
In conclusion, At Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic therefore we use different techniques because it enables patients to relearn lost vital abilities. Similarly, they regain independence and reduce the risk of further strokes.
Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic provides recovery programs which help our patients regain abilities, aid movement with independence and confidence.
0811 885 6060 / 0803 436 5055