What does a physiotherapist do? Firstly, Physiotherapists help people recover from injuries sustained from surgery, illness, ageing or disability. Secondly, they guide patients to improve their strength and movement and prevent further problems in future.
What do Physiotherapists do? Physiotherapists work to diagnose the causes of injury . Moreover, they put together a treatment plan. Sometimes it includes exercises, manual therapy and electrotherapy (using electrical energy as a medical treatment. Similarly, they give advise on managing long-term conditions.
In addition, a physiotherapist treats a wide range of people, including children, sportspeople and the elderly. Some patients will need help to recover from injury or surgery. In the same vain, it’s quite important to note that their are different types of physiotherapy.
Types of physiotherapy include:
- musculoskeletal physiotherapy : This is treating issues such as strains, sprains, back pain and posture problems
- cardiorespiratory physiotherapy : aiming to prevent or improve the symptoms of conditions including asthma, chronic bronchitis, and other cardio-respiratory disorders
- neurological physiotherapy : targets disorders affecting the nervous system, including Parkinson’s, strokes and brain injuries
- geriatric physiotherapy : focusing on the complex movement needs of older adults
- paediatric physiotherapy : rehabilitating children after diseases or injury
- sports physiotherapy : working to reduce pain and reintroduce range of movement after sports injuries
- women’s health : focuses on treating conditions related to the female reproductive system, childbirth, prenatal and postnatal care
- In conclusion, they are involved in rehabilitation and pain management thereby introducing exercises to reduce and manage pain following surgery, injury or illness. https://effectivephysio.com/types-of-physiotherapies/
What are some of the things physiotherapists Do?
The typical responsibilities of a physiotherapist include:
- working with patients with a variety of conditions, sometimes over a period of weeks or months
- diagnosing, assessing and treating problems
- encouraging exercise and movement
- advising patients on leading a healthy lifestyle
- keeping reports on patients and their progress
- liaising with other healthcare professionals to encourage a holistic approach to treatment
- staying up to date with developments in treatments
- being caring, compassionate, and patients.
EFFECTIVE PHYSIOTHERAPY & FITNESS CLINIC Treats and prevents:
Insomnia | Neck Pain | Back Pain | General Body Pain | Fatigue | Arthritis | Joint Pain | Stiffness | Stroke | Body Paralysis | Spinal Cord Injury | Cerebral Palsy.
CALL: +234 803 436 5055 | +234 811 885 6060