Benefits of physiotherapy
Lots of benefits are available to the public through the widening scope of physiotherapy. The profession addresses orthopaedic, neurological and cardiopulmonary problems among infants, children, adults and geriatric populations.
Many physiotherapists treat a wide array of conditions.
Physiotherapy Cases, Treatment and Benefits
- Physiotherapy treatment of Orthopaedic cases such as injuries, fractures, spinal pain and headaches easily enhancesr healing.
- Therapeutic exercise improves strength, range of motion and endurance. This helps to correct postural and muscle imbalance. Joint mobilisation, manipulation and soft tissue massage as well as stretching reduces stiffness and relieves pain.
- After therapy, Patients with neurological disorders such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease etc. are releived from pains.
- Interventions focus on muscle re-education and control. The rehabilitation of fine and gross motor skill improves daily functions. It helps in regaining strength and flexibility. It enhances learning how to perform safe transfers. Moreover, It restoresn the use of mobility aids.
- For children suffering from cerebral palsy, physiotherapy is essential in helping to reduce spasticity and deformity. Therefore, it will improve their postural control, teaching them how to use assistive devices and doing all that is necessary to maximise the child’s functional independence.
Other Benefits Are:
- Physiotherapy also educate the family so they can help carryover what the child has learned during therapy sessions.
- Cardiopulmonary conditions respond well to physiotherapy intervention.
- Note that, Patients who have difficulty performing their daily activities, those with shortness of breath can benefit from it. Moreover, those with decreased endurance can improve quality of life through guided exercise and resistance training. Intervention also includes manual therapy and exercise to help clear secretions in the lungs. Adequate counselling about risk factors or patient education prevents future recurrence. Patients who have had cardiopulmonary surgery, physiotherapy is initiated early to prevent the patient from losing strength and function.
At Effective Physiotherapy & Fitness Clinic, our services are top-class with wonderful memorable experiences to ensure that you keep fit and live a healthy lifestyle. We are specialist, trained to handle any emergency case that is brought to us.
You can contact us: 0803 436 5055 OR 0811 885 6060
You will like to hear out the testimonies of some of our clients. See our youtube channel here (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq3wmHr4E7Qkuq7xNmB2E8IgdIQ-HIZdK).