Physiotherapy for Babies : This is a type of physical therapy that can help with a variety of conditions including:
- Developmental delays: can help the babies who are not meeting their developmental milestones, such as rolling over, sitting up, or crawling.
- Musculoskeletal problems: Physiotherapy can help with problems such as hip dysplasia, clubfoot, and torticollis (wry neck).
- Neurological problems: Physiotherapy can help with problems such as cerebral palsy and spina bifida.
- Respiratory problems: can help babies with asthma and other respiratory conditions.
- Cardiac problems: can assist babies with congenital heart defects.
- Premature birth: can help babies who are born prematurely catch up to their full-term peers.
Physiotherapy for them is typically gentle and non-invasive. It may involve exercises, massage, and play activities. The therapist will work with the baby and the family to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to the baby’s individual needs.
Here are some of the benefits of physiotherapy for babies:
- Improved development: can help babies reach their developmental milestones on time or even early.
- Reduced pain and discomfort: Physiotherapy can help to relieve pain and discomfort caused by musculoskeletal problems, neurological problems, and other conditions.
- Improved movement: can assist babies to improve their range of motion, coordination, and balance.
- Increased strength and endurance: can help babies to develop stronger muscles and improve their endurance.
- Improved respiratory function ; can help babies with respiratory problems to breathe more easily.
- Improved cardiovascular function ; can help babies with cardiac problems to develop a stronger heart and improve their circulation.
- Reduced risk of complications: Physiotherapy can help to reduce the risk of complications from premature birth and other conditions.
If you are concerned about your baby’s development, or if your baby has been diagnosed with a condition that could benefit from physiotherapy, talk to your doctor. They can refer you to a qualified physiotherapist who can assess your baby’s needs and develop a treatment plan.
Visit us at Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic for your Body Servicing Therapy at No 2 D Close, Ajumgobia Street, Kado Estate, Abuja or call +234 811 885 6060, 0803 436 5055