TREATMENT OF BURSITIS: At Effective Physiotherapy & Fitness Clinic, our specialists employ different techniques such as cold and heat application among others, to reduce inflammation from bursitis. Thereby restoring patients to their previous level of activity or as close to it as possible.
CAUSES OF BURSITIS
- Mainly by constant friction, thumping or pressure
- The inflammation of the bursa frequently appears in combination with tendinitis
- By an overuse injury or a trauma, especially when pulling and pushing heavy items
- After a forced period of rest
- There also can be an underlying rheumatic condition
- Diabetes, osteoarthritis and disability of the thyroid gland can be associated with bursitis
SYMPTOMS OF BURSITIS
The presentation will depend on the location of the bursitis. There will likely be pain and discomfort over the affected area, and there will often be visible and/or palpable swelling.
- Localized tenderness.
- Limited motion.
- Swelling and redness if the inflamed bursa is close to the surface of the skin.
PHYSIOTHERAPY TREATMENT OF BURSITIS
As professional physiotherapists, we use various skillls and techniques for the treatment of bursitis. Some among others are :
- Electrical Stimulation
- Range of motion exercises