TREATMENT OF CHRONIC PAINS: Pain is an unpleasant feeling in the body. Obviously, it is a sign in your nervous system that something may be wrong. However, the good news is that there are treatment for chronic pains.
Levels Of Pains
Certainly, there are different levels of pains. Its level depend on how much of pain a patient or an individual is feeling a particular time. Although, some pains may be sharp, some are dull , however it feels, the body system is not a friend to any form of pains.
Analgesics Vs Physical therapy For Treatment of Pains
Analgesics have been used in the treatment of pains, it has not been very effective in some cases. Pain is only a signal and not the cause of itself. Analgesics help to reduce inflammation and fever. I addition, they do this by stopping chemicals called prostaglandins. Prostaglandins cause inflammation, swelling and make nerve endings sensitive, which can lead to pain. Therefore, analgesic don’t cure the root cause of such pain. Similarly, In this regard, it only provides the opportunity to temporarily get things done, after that. the body returns to its original state of pains.
However, treatment of pains using physical therapy that is to say physiotherapy ensures the treatment of the root cause of the pain and leaves no side effects behind.
Certainly, many non-medicine treatments are available to help you manage your pain. In addition , a combination of treatments and therapies is often more effective than just the use of pain reliever.
TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF PAINS
Over the years, Body Servicing Therapy, a wellness process initialized by Effective Physiotherapy & Fitness Clinic have been used as a perfect treatment for the cure of the causes of pain, which gives a permanent solution to any and every pain felt in your body.
With Body Servicing Therapy, there is no need for any drug or surgery. It is a natural process that knows no bound and can be administered to everyone with no age limit.
There are many ways to manage pains. Some are:
• Heat or cold – use ice packs immediately after an injury to reduce swelling. Heat packs are better for relieving chronic muscle or joint injuries
• Physical therapies –walking, stretching, strengthening or aerobic exercises may help reduce pain, keep you mobile and improve your mood. You may need to increase your exercise very slowly to avoid over-doing it
• Massage – this is for soft tissue injuries and should be avoided if the pain is in the joints. There are some evidence that suggests massage may help manage pain.
• Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) – this form of therapy can help you learn to change how you think and, in turn, how you feel and behave about pain. This is a valuable strategy for learning to self-manage chronic pain
• Acupuncture – it is the inserting of thin needles into specific points on the skin. It aims to restore balance within the body and encourage it to heal by releasing natural pain-relieving compounds (endorphins). Some people find that acupuncture reduces the severity of their pain and enables them to maintain function. Scientific evidence for the effectiveness of acupuncture in managing pain is inconclusive
• Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) therapy – This involves electrical currents passing through the skin via electrodes, prompting a pain-relieving response from the body. There is not enough published evidence to support the use of TENS for the treatment of some chronic pain conditions.
In conclusion, at Effective Physiotherapy And Fitness Clinic, we help in the Treatment And Management of Chronis Pains. Examples are:
- Firstly, back Pains
- Secondly, neck Pains.
- Thirdly, arthritis and the after-effects of amputation.
- Loss of mobility
- stiffness and more
Visit us today at Effective Physiotherapy And Fitness Clinic.
See our YouTube channel here
Please Call 0803 436 5055