Treatment Of Colles Fracture: A Colles Fracture is a complete fracture of the radius bone of the forearm close to the wrist resulting in an upward (posterior) displacement of the radius and obvious deformity.
It is commonly called a “broken wrist” in spite of the fact that the distal radius is the location of the fracture, not the carpal bones of the wrist.
CAUSES OF COLLES FRACTURE
- Trauma: A fall (onto an outstretched hand.), motor vehicle accident, or tackle during a football game can all result in fractures.
- Osteoporosis: This disorder weakens bones and makes them more likely to break.
- Overuse: Repetitive motion can tire muscles and place more force on bone.
SYMPTOMS OF COLLES FRACTURE
- Severe pain that might worsen when gripping or squeezing or moving your hand or wrist.
- Obvious deformity, such as a bent wrist.
- Heat/Paraffin Wax
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Electrical Stimulation
Physiotherapy intervention would help regain strength and mobility in your wrist. This may include improving your wrist’s range of motion, working on your grip, and increasing strength in your fingers and wrist.
Visit us at Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic at this address No 2 D Close, Ajumgobia Street, Kado Estate, Abuja or call +234 811 885 6060,