Physiotherapy is the treatment of body ailments (pains, deformities, disabilities, etc.) without the use of drug or medication. It is the application of physical techniques by the physician to cure the condition(s). This is why we refer to physiotherapy as Physical Therapy.
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF THE WORD “PHYSIOTHERAPY”?
This question above can be reframed as : “What is the origin of physiotherapy?” or “where does physiotherapy come from”?
By definition, the word ‘physio’ is from the Greek word: ‘phusis’ which means ‘nature’. Whereas, ‘Therapy’ hails from another Greek word: ‘therapeia’ – the meaning of this is ‘healing’. Combining these words in the context results in Natural Healing (Therapy). This term means physiotherapy.
As physiotherapists we study the science of movement. This makes us so important in your day to day activities. Why? Because movement is so paramount in everyone’s life.
Effective Physiotherapy & Fitness Clinic owes it as duty to give to you supreme service for an active lifestyle. We are always ready to give you the best service you can’t get anywhere else.
After surgery, a doctor may refer you to a physiotherapist. With our years of experience, we have dealt with lots of cases and by God’s grace restored the body structures of accident victims; bringing joy to families and well-wishers.
1. Neck and back pain caused by problems in the muscles and skeleton.
2. Problems in the bones, joints, muscles and ligaments, such as arthritis and the after-effects of amputation.
3. Disability as a result of heart problems.
4. Pelvic issues, such as bladder and bowel problems related to childbirth.
5. Loss of mobility because of trauma to the brain or spine, or due to diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
6. Fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of muscle strength, for example during cancer treatment, or palliative care.
We focus on both prevention and rehabilitation. Treatment is usually for problems caused by injury, diseases or disability.
See our YouTube channel here
Please Call 0803 436 5055