What Are the Benefits Of Good Posture ? The way we hold our bodies is our posture. Hence good Posture talks about holding your body in an upright manner and not in a saggy way! Therefore I recommend that you straighten up after reading this article !
Our postural muscles help us move in ways that are least tasking on our supporting muscles and ligaments, keep us balanced, and resist the pull of gravity.
It’s critical that our bodies are in the right positions because many of us spend the majority of the work day in a seated or otherwise stationary position.
In this article, we’ll discuss the advantages of having good posture and provide some exercise to help you reach that goal.
Benefits of Good posture
It’s very vital to know that posture can greatly impact your all round health as well as your ability to be efficient at work. Improving your posture can benefit you in different ways such as:
- Increased confidence: Correct posture can have an impact to an extent on your self esteem and confidence.
- More energy: Good body posture can positively positively affect one’s energy, while bad body posture can negatively affect it, resulting in fatigue, tiredness, etc
- Better Mood: Good posture can also reduce depressive feelings and improve your mood.
- Easier breathing: When the body is aligned correctly, it’s easier to breathe. Slouching can reduce lung capacity, leading to shortness of breath. Having difficulty breathing can impact your ability to do your best work. To breathe more life into your lungs and career, try altering your posture.
Less frequent headaches: Poor posture can creat tension in the upper back, neck and shoulders leading to headaches.
- Boosted productivity: Research shows that posture can impact productivity as productivity will be reduced if if you’re in pain, injured or fatigued, as you won be able to concentrate and stay focused as much.
Exercises to correct bad sitting posture
- Chin tucks: You can do this exercise at your desk. It helps relieve neck pain while also improving the neck’s strength, flexibility, and function.
- Single leg extension: You can do this exercise at home or at your desk. It will help train your core muscles to keep your pelvis stabilized.
Exercises to correct bad standing posture
- Bear Hug: This stretch relieves tight shoulders and tension in the neck and back.
- Calf raises: This exercise strengthens the calf muscles, which will help to support your ankles and feet.
The benefits of having a good posture cannot be overemphasized. Bad posture can have a lot of adverse effects on the overall health of an individual such as: back, neck and shoulder pain, a curvature of the spine, persistent headaches, fatigue, At Effective physiotherapy and fitness clinic can help you combat some of these negative effects of bad posture,
Visit us at Effective Physiotherapy and Fitness Clinic at No 2 D Close, Ajumgobia Street, Kado Estate, Abuja or call +234 811 885 6060,